About the Association
The Pine-Elk Creek Improvement Association (PECIA) was incorporated in June of 1947 to do all things necessary to unite the people in the Pine/Elk Creek Area toward the development and conservation of the natural resources of the area.
PECIA is an all volunteer 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation dedicated to serving Pine Grove and the surrounding community. PECIA works to preserve historical buildings in Pine Grove; to protect the natural beauty of Pine Valley; to serve the community with social and infrastructure projects; and to inform and educate the general public about the community. While PECIA’s activities are mainly centered around Pine Grove, its service area extends several miles along Pine Valley Road and Elk Creek Road to cover a total of about six square miles.
- Continued development and management of the Pine Grove History Park
- Maintaining the historic Pine Community Center building and preserving historical objects on display
- Community road maintenance (not serviced by the county) with PECIA tractor or outsourcing
- Coordinates contract dumpster service for members
- Interacting with other organizations and county agencies on behalf on the residents of Pine Grove
- Relaying information to members regarding issues affecting the community such as zoning hearings, fire department news, etc.
- Supporting other non-profits in the area with manpower, resources, and assistance.
- Adopted Hwy 126 for trash clean-up
- Provided Current Events Sign for the Pine Community Center
- Helped change speed limit through Pine Grove and Buffalo Creek to 30 mph
- Assisted with the North Fork Historic District Survey
- Helped designate 8 buildings in Pine Grove as Historic Landmarks
- Changed PINE back to the original historic name PINE GROVE
- Established Tax Exempt status
- Sponsor of 4th grade field trip to the North Fork Historic District
- Provided walking tour guides of Historic Pine Grove
- Upgraded electrical service and heating of Pine Grove Community Center
- North Fork Oral History Project sponsor
- New Town Bulletin Board in partnership with the Pine Library
- Nominated Charles W. Dake for Jeffco 2007 Historical Person of the Year
- Obtained Structural Assessment grant for Community Center
- Obtained SHF grant to stabilize and preserve Community Center
- Obtained multiple grants for history park development and for purchase of train cars
Board of Directors